Last Updated on September, 2023
Dog training is like working out to stay fit. You have to choose an effective meal plan and work out focused on a particular training goal. Most importantly, you have to stay CONSISTENT.
Similarly, to train your dog, you have to approach training methods that are proven efficient and reliable. At the same time, it is also important to highlight that training a dog involves you and your dog.
The training program you choose should not only be easy for you to follow through, but it should also be easy for your dog to understand.
And if you are considering Wiglo’s dog training program, here’s the Wiglo review that you must read to decide if Wiglo is for you.
Wiglo uses a science-based, 100% positive reinforcement training approach. It covers 10+ training lessons on 10+ common dog behavior issues and offers daily lessons to help dog owners stay consistent on the training. Wiglo creates a personalized roadmap for every dog to keep track of its training progress.
The Not So Good
Wiglo doesn’t prioritize body language communication, and all training programs are text-based instead of illustrations, pictures, or videos.
The Bottom Line
Although Wiglo’s training programs use positive reinforcement and are easy to follow, I wouldn’t recommend it. Instead, I urge you to try out the K9 TI Masterclass, which allows you to learn from interactive video lessons and prioritizes communication through body language.
Table of Contents
- About Wiglo
- Wiglo Training Programs
- Cost of Training Your Dog Through Wiglo
- What Does a Wiglo Membership Offer You?
- Pros & Cons of the Wiglo Training Programs
- What Do Users Have to Say About Wiglo?
- Cancellation and Refund Policy of Wiglo
- An Alternative Training Program to Consider: The K9 Training Institute
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Thoughts
Behind Wiglo is an inspiring story of the founders, Ram and Victoria, who decided to quit their jobs to create Wiglo, an online, personal dog training school to help all dog owners train their dogs to stay alone and stress-free.
Especially during lockdown with the restricted human interaction, attending physical dog training classes was not an option.
So it was up to the founders to self-train their dogs with a professional trainer’s help without meeting in person.
They successfully trained their dogs with the support of a trainer.
This success and the fact that only 4% of the dogs in the U.S. take training classes made them want to ensure all dog parents had access to easy and affordable training classes for their dogs.
Based on Wiglo’s research to find out why the rest of the 96% of dog parents don’t attend training classes, they found the below to be reasons;
- In-person classes are expensive and can take up to months. Most cannot afford this rate.
- The information available online is not practical and is too vague. People share what should be done in theory to fix certain behavior issues, but it cannot be applied practically.
- It takes patience, consistency, and dedication from the pet parents. You can’t expect a session or two of training to change a dog’s behavior. Training has to become a routine habit, like working out to stay fit.
Considering all their research, Ram and Victoria created Wiglo to cut down the high costs of in-person training classes with detailed and easy-to-follow practical steps rather than vague theories.
Plus, it’s made consistent to help dog owners follow it daily and make a habit out of it.
After investing hours and hours to create Wiglo, the platform offers over 100 daily training lessons covering 10 of the most problematic dog behaviors.
Wiglo doesn’t plan on stopping here.
Wiglo will continue to launch more and more beneficial training programs in the future, not only to solve a dog’s behavioral issues but also to improve a dog’s mental and physical well-being.
Benefits of training through Wiglo include;
- Reliable Training Method– Uses scientifically proven methods to ensure effective training.
- Saves Time– All training programs are structured into small bite-sized chunks for daily consumption and explained in simple language. Even beginners can effortlessly understand and apply the training.
- Saves Money– You can get the same knowledge that you would get from an in-person physical class but at a much cheaper rate. The Annual membership costs less than several in-person classes.
- 100% Online– You can do the training while accommodating your work schedule in the comfort of your home.
- Online Trainer Support– You can text questions or upload training videos and receive feedback from trainers within 24 hours.
The Team Behind Wiglo Training Programs
Every training program Wiglo offers is developed by a team of highly certified professional dog trainers with many years of expertise in the field.
These trainers have successfully trained hundreds of dogs in person and have joined Wiglo to help train thousands more to make a dog parent’s life easier in this digital age.
Training Approach Followed in Wiglo Programs
The training methods followed in all Wiglo programs are 100% positive reinforcement methodology based on science.
In these programs, you will learn how to understand your dog’s body language and respond accordingly. You will also learn to set various cues to signal your dog.
Wiglo Training Programs
Wiglo training programs are designed as daily, single-task methodologies to make it easier for pet parents to stay consistent with training.
It is also easy to achieve and less stressful for the dog and the owner.
Each program has short daily training sessions that unlock each day.
After successfully achieving each lesson, you can mark it complete and continue the progress with the following day’s training.
Wiglo says to steadily improve your dog’s behavior, you must follow through the process no matter how long it takes.
If you fail to succeed on a particular daily task, repeat it the next day or until you achieve the training goal.
And then, you can move ahead with the next task.
All training programs are;
- Simple, short, and clear
- Arranged into sections of daily lessons for easy consumption
- Works for all dogs of all ages, no matter the breed
The following are the training programs accessible through Wiglo;
- 14-Day Potty Training Program
- 21-Day Solve Reactivity Program
- 28-Day Solve Separation Anxiety Program
- 28-Day Crate Training Program
- 21-Day Recall Training Program
- 14-Day Stop Scavenging Program
- 14-Day Stop Leash Pulling Program
- 7-Day Solve Attention Seeking Program
- 14-Day Build A Strong Bond Program
- 7-Day Keep A Dog Off Your Bed Program
- 8-Week Puppy Socialization & Basics Program
- 12-Day Stop Jumping Program
- Theory Guide- Solve Puppy Biting
- Dog Planner- 40x Printables
Cost of Training Your Dog Through Wiglo
Wiglo offers 3 tiers of memberships to access their online training programs;
- Annual Membership– Priced at $14.99 per month and billed every 12 months at $179.88
- Quarterly Membership– Priced at $26.66 per month and billed every 3 months at $79.98
- Monthly Membership- Priced at $39.99 per month and billed every month
Wiglo ensures you guaranteed safe checkout, and you can pay using Paypal, Visa, American Express, or Mastercard.
What Does a Wiglo Membership Offer You?
Every Wiglo membership tiers offer you the following;
- A Personalized Training Roadmap– Prepared and designed manually by the Wiglo team to specifically cater to your dog based on the results of the quiz you take.
- 10+ Training Programs With 150+ Daily Lessons– Created to suit dogs of all ages.
- Dog Trainer Support Online– You can get your questions answered within 24 hours.
- Printable Progression Calendars– This helps you keep track of your progress and be motivated to keep going.
How Do You Use Wiglo for Training?
The training journey with Wiglo is as follows;
- To Begin With, You Have To Take A Quiz– This will help Wiglo collect the necessary information about your dog to evaluate its behaviors.
- You Have To Become A Member And Receive Your Personalized Roadmap– By signing up for a membership option, you will be eligible for a personalized roadmap. The roadmap will serve as a customized personal guide catering to your dog’s needs. Based on the results from the above quiz, Wiglo will suggest the behaviors that need the most improvement and recommend training priority.
- Follow The Self-Paced Training Programs– All training programs are structured to be followed at your own pace while accommodating your dog’s learning curve. You can choose to follow one program at a time or multiple programs simultaneously.
- Celebrate The Progress Of Your Pooch– You will achieve your training goals with slow, steady, and consistent training.
Pros & Cons of the Wiglo Training Programs
What Do Users Have to Say About Wiglo?
On Trustpilot, Wiglo has received an average rating of 3.7 with over 65% of 5-star reviews. While most users were satisfied with their experience using Wiglo, some did mention negative comments.
Most positive reviews highlight how easy and simple it is to follow the programs, how insightful the information is, and how supportive the Wiglo team is.
At the same time, in negative reviews, users comment on how Wiglo can improve by including video lessons with real-life examples and pictures to illustrate the proper way to approach the training.
Figure 1. This review praises the lessons’ simplicity, ease of use, and periodic arrangement that encourage continuous progress.
Figure 2. This review praises the extent of content and training sections that Wiglo covers.
Figure 3. This user was satisfied with the quality of the content but was expecting more of an interactive use rather than plain old text content.
Cancellation and Refund Policy of Wiglo
Wiglo has a full refund policy that can be activated only within the first 14 days after purchasing a Wiglo membership.
You can cancel or change your subscription at any time. A subscription confirmation email will be sent when you purchase a subscription, including a link to your subscription settings.
You can access this link to manage your subscription. You can also contact Wiglo through [email protected] to cancel or change your subscription.
Note: Canceling a subscription does not refund past payments but will stop future payments. Any badges you earned while having the subscription will remain. And the progress you made in unfinished courses will reappear when you subscribe again.
An Alternative Training Program to Consider: The K9 Training Institute
Videos and illustrations are excellent and effective information delivery because they keep the viewer interacted and engaged.
And most people often choose to watch videos to learn from rather than reading chunks and chunks of texts that explain all that can easily be shown to us instead.
I also fall into the same boat in terms of interactive learning.
I prefer watching videos on how to perform with real-life examples rather than reading chunks of texts that explain all of them.
Reading may be the second resort. So clearly, for that reason, Wiglo wasn’t for me.
The K9 TI training program promises to transform your dog using the same secrets used to train service dogs.
The best part… it claimed to be COMPLETELY FREE. So obviously, I had to try it, and it was free.
Besides being free, here’s why the K9 TI is worth considering.
Behind K9 TI is Dr. Alex Diaz, an animal behaviorist with over 20 years of experience in the service dog industry, and Eric Presnall, a lead trainer, and presenter.
The K9 TI bases its training on the following key approaches;
- Using body language for efficient communication with dogs
- Training based on operant conditioning
- Acknowledge that dogs need a task to do
Unlike Wiglo, the K9TI has a free workshop video that lays out the foundation of their training and a Total Transformation Master class that will address and help you fix 11 of the most common dog behavioral problems. All through video lessons!
Watching videos that illustrate how the professional dog trainer teaches the dog definitely makes a big difference in how you approach your dog. These videos serve as an excellent form of guidance and information in training your dog.
Some of the training content covered in the Masterclass include;
- Potty training
- Working on unnecessary barking behaviors
- Body language commands
- Methods to tune out distractions
- Leash related training
- Training in high-distraction settings
- And much more
Other dog training program reviews:
Frequently Asked Questions
Wiglo covers training guidance for 10+ dog behavior issues, including jumping, biting, leash pulling, socialization, and basics.
But overall, to gain the best experience, I’d recommend learning through the K9 Training Institute and there are many reasons.
Apart from the fact that the Masterclass was created by a well-experienced team, including an animal behaviorist with over 20+ years of expertise and a lead animal trainer, the K9 TI prioritizes using body language for communication as it is the main mode of communication for dogs.
Besides, all their training materials are presented as video lessons.
Always remember, consistency is KEY! So your patience and dedication are much needed if you want your dog to be well-trained and educated.
Was this article helpful?