Last Updated on September, 2023
Service dogs are a vital support system for many individuals with physical or mental health challenges. Not only do they assist, but they also provide companionship, affection, and love that can help improve the individual’s life.
Keeping that in mind, working with legit and trustworthy service providers like the US Service Animals is important to ensure reliable and effective results. Here’s a quick review of the service dog training program offered by US Service Animals.
Table of Contents
- Overview: US Service Animals
- The Service Dog Training Program
- Pros & Cons of the USSA Online Service Dog Training Program
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
Overview: US Service Animals
US Service Animals (USSA), established in 2015, is a leading online platform that lawyers set up to educate and assist people with disabilities through the use of animals. This platform offers information on service animals, emotional support animals, and the laws surrounding each.
The main services offered by the USSA include;
- Emotional Support Animal and service animal registration
- Doctor’s letter for housing
- Online Psychiatric service animal training required by Airlines
- Support services (Ex: Documentation maintenance, assistance with landlord disputes)
USSA prides itself as an ethical leader in the field. They partner with licensed mental health professionals (MHPs) from all 50 states for online evaluations and consultations.
The benefits of choosing USSA are;
- RISK-FREE Live consultations with licensed MHPs
- ESA letters are written by lawyers and approved by respective MHP
- The ESA letters meet all American Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Housing Act (FHA) requirements
- USSA has a legit physical address and contact numbers
- Live Customer support 7-days a week
- On-staff attorneys for legal support
- You won’t be charged if you are not approved for an ESA
- Holds the Prevent ESA Fraud certification for its code of ethics and conduct
The Service Dog Training Program
USSA offers an online service dog training program developed by a team of professional service dog trainers with over 20 years of experience.
This course is for any individual receiving assistance from a dog that performs a task directly related to the physical or psychological condition the individual is suffering from.
These conditions can include blindness, diabetes, panic attack, anxiety, depression, ADHD, seizures, PTSD, hearing loss, mobility and stability issues, or any physical or psychological disability.
If you want or already have a dog who helps you with one of the following tasks related to your disability, then you can sign up for this course;
- Seeing eye
- Alerting the deaf and hard of hearing
- Retrieving items
- Seizure assistance
- Interrupting destructive behaviors
- Providing physical support
Any dog can qualify as a service animal! No breed, size, or weight restriction exists as long as the dog is trained to perform work or tasks.
Your service dog can be self-trained or professionally trained but has to behave in public and always be under your control. And all service dogs should be up-to-date with all vaccinations.
Service dogs are allowed in no-pet housing, the cabins of airplanes for free, exempt from any pet rent or deposits, restaurants, stores, uber vehicles, etc. By completing this course, you allow yourself and your service dog to enjoy these benefits across all 50 states of the USA.
Inside the Course
You can expect the following to be included in your online training program;
- Lessons structured into 6 modules
- 12 training videos
- Training clicker
- Individual professional trainer support
- Trained service dog certification upon program completion
- Service vest, collar, collar tag, leash, and more are optional
Training Technique Followed in the Course
This course follows the effective reward based- positive reinforcement training technique that gives amazing and fast results. The course is designed so that both experienced and new trainers can understand and apply the lesson content for training.
Pros & Cons of the USSA Online Service Dog Training Program
Other dog training reviews:
Frequently Asked Questions
Individuals who rely on dogs to support them in performing specific daily tasks can improve the quality of their lives through this assistance. And having that dog registered and trained as a service dog makes them eligible for many benefits.
USSA is a legitimate service provider that has an excellent reputation among customers. It is a solid option if you are exploring training programs to train your service dog.
Always go for a legitimate option that will legally support you and your dog.
Was this article helpful?