Last Updated on April, 2022
Do you have a stubborn little friend that needs a bit of training?
Are you planning to train him on your own? (Yes, we know that professional dog training has a heavy price tag).
Small Dogs Academy seems like the perfect fit, doesn’t it? Low cost, less training time, easy access, lots of material.
Let’s take a closer look at this Small Dogs Academy Review.
What are the other users saying?
Do their training methods really work?
Is there a better alternative?
Let me take you through the user reviews and my first-hand experience with the program. We’ll cover everything from features and pricing to pros and cons.
So keep reading till the end, and then you can decide if Small Dogs Academy is the best way to go.
Table of Contents
- What is Small Dogs Academy?
- Who’s Behind the Small Dogs Academy?
- What’s Included in the Program?
- Pricing and How to Buy?
- User Reviews of Small Dogs Training Academy
- Does Small Dogs Academy Training Work?
- Pros & Cons Of Small Dogs Academy
- Is There An Alternative?
- What is BT4D?
- User Reviews of BT4D
- Small Dogs Academy Vs. BT4D
- To Conclude
What is Small Dogs Academy?
Small Dogs Academy is a dog training program, specially tailored for small dog breeds. They address every issue a small dog owner will face. It is a comprehensive training program to fix all behavior problems of your small dog: from barking, jumping, and biting to proper socializing.
All the training methods used at Small Dogs Academy are based on positive reinforcement. As a result, you will not have to fret about punishing your dog. Their program is called Small Dogs Academy: Dog Savvy. Over 12,000 dog owners have used Dog Savvy, and most of them had positive experiences.
The course is 100% online, and you can follow it through a phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
You are required to allocate just 5 minutes a day to train your dog (although you will have to spend a lot more time than that).
Recommended to read: Woofz dog training app review
Who Should Invest In Small Dog Training Academy?
As the name suggests, small dog owners only. Small Dogs Academy focuses on the different aspects of training small dog breeds. In addition, their program addresses challenges that are more common in smaller dogs than in larger dogs.
If you are the owner of a pomeranian, toy poodle, or a stubborn chihuahua, this program is a good option for you.
Who’s Behind the Small Dogs Academy?
Small Dogs Academy is the brainchild of Mark Myer. After getting his first small dog, Mark saw very few training options for small dogs. To change this, he decided to start his dog training academy exclusively for small dogs.
The training program Small Dogs Academy: Dog Savvy is the work of Mark Myer and certified dog trainer Marina Somme.
Marina Somme is the lead trainer at Small Dogs Academy. She is a CCDPT (Certification Council for Professional Dog Trainers) certified dog trainer.
Marina is also a dog behavioral specialist and a trainer of exotic animals. She has successfully trained dogs of all sizes and breeds.
Marina has over 8 years of experience in animal care. She also has about 5 years of experience in private animal training.
Marina does all the videos and training material at Small Dogs Academy.
What’s Included in the Program?
The training course gives you access to several videos of all types of training. The program is made with Thrive Dog training and is available on the Thrive Dog training website.
In total, there are over 4 hours of video training. All videos have a transcript in PDF form.
There are also fun quizzes that you can try out. They also provide lifetime updates to the training materials.
The topics covered in the program are:
- Potty training
- Bark training
- Obedience training
- The program also covers other issues like walking on a leash, stopping biting, etc.
You can check out the complete list of features and pricing here.
Pricing and How to Buy?
You can buy the Dog Savvy program online at the click of a button. The price is just $57!.
Soon after you buy the course, you will receive an email with a username and a password. You can then log in to the training area and access all the training materials.
Return/Money Back Guarantee
The program promises a 100% money-back guarantee. So if you buy the program, follow it every step of the way for 30 days, and don’t see an improvement in your dog’s behavior, you can ask for a full refund. Moreover, you get to keep the bonus cheat sheet even after the refund!
But be aware it might take you more than 30 days to find out that the program is not working.
User Reviews of Small Dogs Training Academy
There are contrasting reviews from the users.
Small Dogs Academy’s training website has only positive reviews. The user rating is 4.5/5 stars (from over 11000 reviews). However, the reviews on google tell a different story. Google rating is 3.3 / 5 stars. There are just 4 reviews on google, and 2 of them are negative.
Here’s a very positive review from google.
Here’s what the unsatisfied users had to say on google.
Honestly, I have to agree with the google reviews. There wasn’t enough for the price. The videos mainly were talking rather than demonstrating. I also have to note that the sound and video quality are not that great.
Does Small Dogs Academy Training Work?
After trying out their course, let me tell you this. The Small Dogs Academy training program works. I did notice an improvement in my dog’s behavior. She seemed more obedient after a few weeks of consecutive training.
But you can find similar material with better audio and video quality online for free!
Pros & Cons Of Small Dogs Academy
I noticed both pros and cons while using the Small Dogs Academy training courses. Here’s an overview.
- The course is relatively cheap. $57 is much cheaper than paying for a dog trainer!
- There is a 100% money-back guarantee (Within 30 days). I was able to get a full refund, so there is nothing lost.
- You can train one or more dogs with the same training materials, given that they are small dogs.
- You can use the same training techniques on all small dogs, regardless of their age.
- All training methods rely on positive reinforcement. There are no punishment-based training methods.
- The course uses an all-in-one approach from barking biting to potty training. Even if you need to train your dog on one behavior, you still need to buy the whole course.
- The course is specifically designed for small dogs.
- Although the course demands 5 minutes a day, you will need to spend more training time with your dog. I spent over 2 hours daily to see the result!
- 30-days may not be enough to figure out if the program works.
- The audio and video quality is not that great. Like I said before, you can find better training videos online.
- There are more affordable training alternatives out there with better resources. (We’ll get to that in a bit).
Is There An Alternative?
Yes. Luckily, there are so many dog training courses that you will have difficulty picking another option. However, I will help you out. The best option I came across is Brain Training for Dogs.
So what exactly is Brain Training for Dogs (BT4D), and how does it work? Let me explain.
What is BT4D?
BT4D is a novel training program that mentally stimulates your dog. Rather than teaching your dog to obey commands, this makes your dog smarter. The result is a mentally stimulated, intelligent dog who loves to learn.
Small dogs don’t need a specifically designed program after all. All you have to do is make your little friend more intelligent! BT4D is perfect for this.
Adrienne Farricelli is the creator of BT4D. She is a CCPDT certified dog trainer with over 10 years of experience in dog training.
Here’s what’s included in the training.
- The most impressive thing about this course is the well-structured modules. There are 7 modules in total, beginning from module 1 (Pre-school) and ending with module 7 (Einstein). Yes, your dog will be a genius by the end!
- The program covers all the problems a dog owner will ever face, like:
- Potty training
- Dealing with aggression
- Excessive barking
- Impulse control
- Ignoring your commands
- An extra 7 trick training videos to teach awesome tricks to your dog. How perfect is that? The trick training videos include:
- Take a bow
- Cover his eyes
- Shake hands
- Play dead
- Extra obedience strategies.
- A polishing-up section to polish up the training.
- A comprehensive archive with over 100 articles.
- Troubleshooting segments.
- Access to an interactive private forum to discuss all your dog issues.
- A free bonus course on behavior training for dogs. This bonus course covers:
- How to eliminate all types of whining
- How to stop digging
- Tactics to stops your dog from barking
- How to stop your dog from biting and jumping
- And finally, a great support system where you can address all your concerns to the course creator.
The pricing of this course is unbelievably low. The cost is just$47! After going through all the features offered, you must be expecting a heavy price tag. All good things don’t have to be pricey. This course is the best example of value for money.
User Reviews of BT4D
BT4D has excellent reviews. Besides user reviews, there are reviews from professionals like veterinarians and dog trainers. It’s expert-recommended.
Here’s what Dr. J Coates (Veterinary Advisor at petMD.com) and Caryl Wolff (Dog Training/Behavior Consultant) had to say about BT4D.
Wherever you look, the user reviews are mostly positive. Here’s what a happy user had to say on Goodreads.
Small Dogs Academy Vs. BT4D
Compared to Small Dogs Training, BT4D is vastly popular. Many dog owners and professionals have tested and recommended BT4D.
Here’s a comparison.
Small Dogs Academy
- Focuses on making your dog more obedient.
- No punishment-based methods.
- The cost of the course is $57.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- For small dogs only!
- A dedicated support system is not available. You will have to sort out your concerns elsewhere.
- A private forum is not available.
- Focuses on stimulating your dog mentally and building up his intelligence.
- No punishment-based methods.
- The cost of the course is only $47!
- A 60-day money-back guarantee! (That’s 2 whole months to decide if the training works!)
- For all dog breeds, regardless of their size!
- A support system is available for all users. You will have plenty of help and guidance throughout.
- A private forum is available to discuss all your dog issues.
- BT4D covers a lot more training methods than Small Dogs Academy.
BT4D provides so much value for money. I am delighted with the program material and the results. I only wish I had invested in BT4D earlier.
I will recommend BT4D to anyone without hesitation!
Now that you’ve heard both good and bad about Small Dogs Academy, it’s time to make a decision. A dog training program is an investment of both time and money.
Small Dogs Academy is a popular training program for small dogs, while BT4D is an excellent alternative with unique training methods.
If you select the right program, you will be the proud owner of a well-obedient dog in no time.
- Positive reinforcement training
- Probably the best online course to train dogs
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Said to be 100% safe
- Suitable Program for any dog breed
- Get the BEST PRICE until the end of April