Last Updated on September, 2023
The dog crate market is flooded with many good quality crate options. Still, it is not easy to find an all-in-one option that will support essential requirements like durability, different breeds, sizes, temperaments, and lifestyles, right?
This is where Impact Crates come in.
Impact offers meticulously engineered aluminum crate options that satisfy what most dog owners look for in a crate. They are built to endure a lifetime of daily use.
If you are here, you would have already heard about Impact Crates and are looking to know if it will suit you.
Here are the Impact dog crates review that will finally help you land the crate you always wanted.
Table of Contents
- About Impact
- Types of Impact Dog Crates
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Final Words
lmpact Dog Crates, founded by a dog lover, Michael Bailey, was established in 2012 in Northern Idaho. It is a company dedicated to manufacturing and selling American-made superior quality aluminum dog crates and accessories.
They prioritize the safety and security of pooches while delivering peace of mind to dog owners.
Through many years of product development and innovation, backed by a team of committed and dedicated employees, Impact Crates has been able to design and produce the most trusted and highest quality crates to withstand a lifetime of daily use indoors and outdoors.
The Impact is one of the leading brands of state-of-the-art premium dog crates.
Featuring some excellent qualities like high workmanship standards, durability, and lightweightness makes it a trusted and popular brand among thousands of pet parents.
Many pet owners choose Impact for airline travel, vehicle transport, escape artist pups, and at-home use.
Impact offers a variety of dog crate models to suit dogs of all breeds, sizes, and temperaments. Whether your dog has a destructive or sensitive nature or a moderate temperament, there is an option for your dog at Impact.
Types of Impact Dog Crates
Impact offers different crates to support various requirements. And unlike the traditional wire crates, these dog crates are built using sheets of solid aluminum alloy, making them one of the unique options available in the market.
1. High Anxiety Crate
The high anxiety crate is meticulously designed and engineered to be an escape-proof dog crate.
Recommended for dogs with destructive tenancies and those who suffer from severe separation anxiety.
Featuring additional easy-to-use latches, carefully designed ventilation holes, super sturdy construction, and more, the crate’s design outsmarts the dog to protect and keep it safe.
This crate comes in three colors: white, black, and gray.
The availability of the crate sizes and the recommended dog breeds for each size is as follows;
- 30.5L x 20.5W x 25.8H IN- Soft Coated Wheaten Terrier, Bull Terrier (Miniature), Cardigan Welsh Corgi, Whippet, Brittany, American Eskimo Dog,
- 34.5L x 23W x 28.87H IN- Labrador, Golden Retriever Poodle, Pitbull, Chow Chow, German Shepherd, Labradoodle, Goldendoodle, Border Collie, Dalmatian
- 4.05L x 23W x 28.87H IN- Boxer, Irish Setter, Dutch Shepherd, Catahoula Leopard Dog, German Shorthaired Pointer, Weimaraner
- 40.5L x 27.5W x 33.86H IN- Bernese Mountain Dog, Rottweiler, Cane Corson, German Shepherd, Doberman Pinscher, Giant Schnauzer,
- 48.5L x 32.5W x 35.87H- Tibetan Mastiff, Newfoundland, Scottish Deerhound, St.Bernard, Shiloh Shepherd, Presa Canario
This well-designed impact crate is the only model from Impact with a 10-year dog damage protection warranty.
Originally this crate comes unassembled, but you can opt for ‘Expert Assembly’ at an added cost for a hassle-free setup, so you will receive a fully assembled crate.
- Zinc steel paddle latch- A robust mechanism can withstand high-stress forces to provide extra security against the toughest escape attempts.
- Four additional butterfly latches– These easy-to-operate extra latches provide maximum strength and security for added protection.
- Small circle ventilation holes- Apart from providing adequate airflow, the ventilation holes at 0.05 inches prevent the dog from getting its teeth in, causing any potential damage.
- Welded and riveted construction– This construction finish provides maximum strength and security for durability so that the crate remains intact even under pressure.
- Use of 62% thicker aluminum– To ensure stability and security under pressure, it uses a 62% thicker aluminum alloy that provides structural integrity.
- Military-grade handles– These handles facilitate easy portability and strength to take on tough situations.
- Stackable on like sizes- To save space, it is designed to allow you to stack similar sizes on top of each other.
My Thoughts on the High Anxiety Crate
I chose the unassembled option to set it up by myself in case I have to unassemble it again. Setting up took some time, but I successfully completed it.
First impressions: it seemed like a super sturdy crate that would last many years. To test the crate, I introduced a 1-year-old German Shepherd puppy who is sensitive.
By nature, she quickly gets irritated when no one is around and tends to create a ruckus. I transported her for a short trip to ensure the testing was effective.
She got a bit worked up while loading her into the vehicle and during the journey. She started wiggling to escape but definitely did not succeed because of the robust construction. And she eventually calmed and settled down.
The size of the crate was just right for her. She had enough room to comfortably lay down and see through the ventilation holes, making it much less stressful.
Although the crate is heavy and does not have wheels, moving the crate from inside to outside the house was easy and did not require much effort.
I like that it comes with a 10-year dog damage warranty, which reflects the exceptional quality of the high-impact dog crate. Although the price is a bit hefty,
It’s worth the investment because it will stick around for quite some time. And if the crate gets damaged, you can get the damages fixed or even get the crate replaced altogether (only where applicable) free of charge.
Here’s some social proof of what other customers think about the High Impact dog crate;
2. Collapsible Dog Crate
The Impact collapsible crate is an excellent time and space-saving option.
Unlike any other crates you’ve seen before, it has a sleek and foldable design that brings it down to just 8 inches.
The foldable and sleek design makes it easy to move around and ensures you require far less storage space.
The design does not in any way compromise the strength of the crate.
This crate can provide maximum protection while keeping the dog comfortable.
It uses lightweight but strong aluminum, so it is an excellent option for your pets to travel in.
The colors available in the collapsible crate include white, black, gray, desert tan, teal, and OD green.
The crate sizes and the recommended dog breeds for each size are similar to the high-anxiety crates with one additional size;
- 54.6L x 35.6W x 42.0H IN- Great Dane, Irish Wolfhound
The collapsible crates are shipped in assembled form and must only be unfolded to set up. This well-designed crate is one of the most “well-thought-of” crates with many unique features in the market.
- Setup in 60 seconds– It takes less than a minute to expand/ fold it and doesn’t require any tools.
- Airline rails- The airline rails act as added structural support. When attached on top of the hinges of the side walls, it improves the stability of the crate. Using these IATA brackets ensures the crate is IATA-approved.
- Single-handed stainless steel slam latch operation- This allows effortless gentle close and automatic lock mechanism, especially for still crate training puppies and dogs.
- Lightweight and Durable- Uses thin yet strong aluminum to ensure portability, strength, and durability.
- Military-grade ergonomic handles- The top and side handles are spring-loaded and convenient for moving the crate around when it is open.
- Stackable corners- To ensure easy stackability and storage on top of similar sizes to save floor space.
- Well-ventilated- The rounded-diamond-shaped air holes provide optimal airflow to ensure your dog is safe and comfortable inside.
- Lock and Key- This crate has a lock and key system on top of the slam latch for additional protection. This is a great feature to ensure your dog’s safety while traveling.
- Easy carrying handle when in collapsed state- The handle is strategically positioned to comfortably carry the crate around, making it ideal for road trips or anything traveling scenario
My Thoughts on the Impact Collapsible Crate
The description on the impact crates page on collapsible crates set my expectations high. When I received the product, those expectations were exceeded.
Setting it was pretty effortless. I had to stretch it out, move the clasps to position, and attach the airline bars on either side to strengthen the structure.
None of this required any tools whatsoever. In that aspect, it is an ingenious design. Similarly, collapsing doesn’t require much effort; you can fold it up with twists and turns.
From convenient stackability to portability to IATA-approved attachments (door guard and airline rails), this crate provides all the features making it an excellent stationery plus a travel-friendly choice.
I placed the crate in my dog’s usual sleeping spot inside the house to test it. After some exploration and hesitation, he decided to go in for a nap.
To test the strength of the crate structure while traveling, especially given that it’s collapsible and is suitable for air-plane travel, I took the crate on a long trip just like I did the anxiety crate.
By this time, my dog was pretty used to napping in the crate so there was no struggle to get out. Even on rough roads with all the jolting around, the crate seemed to stand strong without any damage.
A must-watch– Here’s a video illustrating how a collapsible crate was crash tested to ensure strength and durability.
Let’s see some customer reviews on this one-of-a-kind collapsible dog crate;
3. Stationery Dog Crate
The stationary crate by Impact is similar to the collapsible crate except that it is not collapsible.
It is a heavy-duty crate that is lightweight and strong enough to hold high-energy dogs.
It is crafted using laser-cut aluminum with precisely riveted finishing construction.
Featuring airline compatibility, crate stacking, and easy travel features, it is ideal for secure transportation or stationary use to keep your dog safe.
The colors and size options on stationary crates are similar to those in the collapsible crate.
Impact also offers another option in the Stationary Dog crate model at a higher price, where the crate comes with two doors; one on the front and one on the side.
Like the high anxiety crate, you can opt for ‘Expert Assembly” or assemble it yourself.
The features are all the same as the collapsible dog crate. From ergonomic handles to optimal ventilation to slam latch operation to stackability, all the outstanding and unique features can also be found in the stationary crate.
But it has lesser vent holes and does not include additional accessories like vinyl pads or door guards.
My Thoughts on the Impact Stationery Dog Crate
The stationery Impact dog crate was just as good as the high anxiety and collapsible crate. I love the fact that it’s made of laser-cut aluminum.
It has an excellent finishing construction quality making it a heavy-duty crate. Although it is a heavy-duty crate, it was lightweight enough to move around with much support.
Its unique features and functions closely resemble the high anxiety and collapsible dog crate.
The only drawback for me was the ventilation hole design. The number of holes and the pattern differs from what you see in the other two crate options above. So there is comparatively less visibility. It might be limiting if your dog is nosey and loves to look around.
Also, this crate doesn’t come with additional accessories like a vinyl pad or door liners.
Here are a few customer reviews on their experience with the Impact Stationary Crate;
4. Bantam Dog Crate
The Bantam Impact Dog crate, designed to cater to small dog breeds, is engineered to be heavy-duty and lightweight to offer maximum protection, safety, and comfort.
It has all the required features, making it a perfect choice for travel and in-home use.
The Bantam cage comes in two sizes and all six colors, similar to the Collapsible and stationary crates. The sizes are;
- 20.47L x 16.45W x 16.85H IN- Chihuahua, English Toy Terrier, Japanese Chin, Toy Fox Terrier, Russian Toy
- 24.47L x 18.45W x 18.85H IN- Beagle, Boston Terrier, Pug, Pomeranian, Shih Tzu, Shiba Inu, Yorkshire Terrier, French BullDog, Jack Russell Terrier, Daschund, Javanese, Maltese, Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Miniature Pinscher, Miniature Schnauzer
Like the other crates, key features include a slam latch for single-handed operation, stackable corners, military-grade ergonomic handles, optimal ventilation design, and more.
My Thoughts on the Bantam Impact Dog Crate
The Bantam crate is comparatively smaller than the other options because it is designed to house smaller breeds.
It stands strong despite testing it on a super anxious dog who has previously managed to escape three of its heavy-duty crates.
Other logistics-wise, it has all the helpful features needed to make your pup safe and secure.
Here are customer reviews on the Bantam impact crate;
Frequently Asked Questions
Impact offers some excellent quality crate options with so many unique features. Every crate of theirs is well thought out and executed.
From easy latch operation to ergonomic handles, the collapsible dog crate idea shows how much extensive thinking and testing has been applied to product innovations to offer the best for pet parents.
Hope you found this Impact dog crate review helpful in choosing the right crate for your pooch.
Was this article helpful?