Last Updated on August, 2022
Training a dog to become a perfect canine companion is not easy. But the online dog training program “How To Train A Dream Dog” promises you exactly that!
If you’re in the wild searching for an online dog training program, you might have probably come across How To Train A Dream Dog.
I guess that’s probably why you’re here!
Anyways, I purchased the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection, and there are a lot of positives to take away from this program. But there’s one thing that makes How To Train A Dream Dog hard to recommend for most.
Keep reading to know what it is!
Table of Contents
- Choosing the Right Puppy Training Program
- What is How To Train Your Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
- The Creator of 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
- What’s Included With the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
- How Much Does 30 Days To Puppy Perfection Cost, And is There Any Refund Policy?
- Is How To Train Your Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection Worth Buying?
- What Are Others Saying About the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
- Pros and Cons of the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
- Cheaper Alternative to the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
- Over to You
Choosing the Right Puppy Training Program
Before getting into details, here are some things you need to know first. Knowing some factors before buying a dog training program online is essential, especially if this is your first time.
There is nothing more important than this. There are a lot of training programs out there in the market, and the majority of them don’t have proper trainers. I mean a certified trainer. So make sure the program you choose has a trainer who is certified, and if not, it’s probably not worth spending your money on.
Get to Know What’s Included in The Training Program
A lot of videos and guides are all essential when it comes to an online dog training program. If the program you’re about to go with fails to deliver in this regard, it’s probably not worth spending your money.
Training Method Matters
The majority of the online training programs I’ve come across have been dominance based. This means the trainer uses force and aggression in order to get the dog to behave. Using these types of methods is unethical and can lead to even more problems than you’re already having with your dog.
Look for a program that takes advantage of positive reinforcement training. Also known as reward-based training, uses a reward (be it a toy or a treat) every time the dog does the desired behavior.
This is science-based and has many benefits to it. It increases the bond between you and your dog, decreases aggression, and many more. So make sure the program you’re about to choose isn’t based on dominance training methods.
What is How To Train Your Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
30 Days To Puppy Perfection is a part of How To Train Your Dream Dog’s two available courses. One of the two is a free starter kit that just has a few training tips with promotions mostly for the paid program that is the “30 Days To Puppy Perfection”.
As you may already know, this is an online training program designed obviously to train your dog.
It’s stacked with video tutorials and guidelines on training your pup to become the dream dog you’ve always wanted.
As the name suggests, it’s a 30-day course, and within that 30 days, the program claims to train your dog.
The Creator of 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
Michele Lennon is the creator of How To Train A Dream Dog, and she will be your instructor throughout the 30 days.
She is a certified dog trainer with over 20 years of experience. Michele also runs a YouTube channel that has over 220k subscribers at the point of writing this review.
Earlier she was helping families near and far with their dog behavior problems face to face. As a professional dog trainer, Michele found out that her extensive knowledge of dog training can help more families across the world with dog issues.
Michele saw that people sometimes think that their Dog is arrogant or stubborn because the advice they got for training them was wrong, incomplete, or confusing even to the Dog. Michele has now made an honest yet positive impact on hundreds of families with dog problems practically and online.
And thankfully, she uses positive reinforcement reward-based training to train dogs. And that means the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection is completely reward-based, with no force or dominance. Which is great news.
What’s Included With the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
How To Train A Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection includes some worthy content that are all important in training your dog throughout the 30 days. I’ll list all of them below:
There are over 50 video lessons in this course, all of which will help you train your dog with zero problems. All the videos are very detailed, and Michele does a very good job explaining them step-by-step. Here you’ll learn everything from basic obedience training, such as sit and stay, to advanced training, such as biting and barking.
You’ll also get video lessons to alleviate behavior problems, such as:
- Not coming when called
- Accidents in the house
- Overly excited when meeting people or guests
- Not listening or following commands
- Not dropping something they have in their mouth
- Pulling on the leash
Worksheets, Checklists & Charts
With the program, you’ll have over 20 worksheets, checklists, and charts, all of which will assist you throughout training. All of them are downloadable for offline use and can even be printed.
That’s everything you’ll get after purchasing the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection course.
How Much Does 30 Days To Puppy Perfection Cost, And is There Any Refund Policy?
This is where the program starts to fall apart for me; everything except this is all perfect. If you’re to buy the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection, there are two options for you:
The DIY option costs $167, which is expensive when it comes to an online dog training program. Not only is it expensive, but the DIY option also misses out on many things compared to the PRO Option. Basically, it’s just the course with everything mentioned above included, which in my opinion is not worth the price. There’s not even a money-back guarantee too.
PRO option, on the other hand, is a whole different story. It costs a whopping $397, which honestly is too much for an online dog training program. To compensate for that higher price, it provides:
- Updates to the current course and new contents will be added.
- 70-page workbook.
- Group ZOOM calls 3 times a week, hosted by pro trainers.
- Access to the Facebook community.
- 7-day money-back guarantee.
All this for an extra $230. Even though you think it’s priced alright, I wouldn’t recommend anyone to spend that much, especially on a training program with just a 7-day money-back guarantee. The main reason being is that there are other dog training programs online that offer the same amount of content or even more.
And just so you know, I went with the DIY option.
Where To Buy The 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
You can buy the course only on their official website. It isn’t available anywhere else.
Is How To Train Your Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection Worth Buying?
At this price point, as I said earlier, it’s tough to recommend, especially since there are so many other training programs.
I suggest you continue reading because there’s one program that costs way cheaper than the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection yet offers the same or even more content.
Coming to the Puppy Perfection, I can only say that the ball is in your court. From my experience, I would say the program is all right since I’ve used dog training programs before.
However, if this is your first time, going with the DIY option isn’t going to be helpful. The main reason being is that it’s just the course, there’s no one to guide you, just a set of videos with some paper works, that’s it.
Basically, you’re left stranded.
The PRO version can help, though the price is something not everyone is going to love. It’s way too expensive.
Whether the program will work for you or not is completely based on the version you’re thinking of going with. To put it simply, go with the PRO version if you’re using a training program online for the first time.
DIY simply isn’t going to help. And even if you find out that the program isn’t working for you, you can’t send it back since there’s no money-back guarantee.
And another thing worth noting is that the PRO community is one with the most positive reviews since it has a lot of support and extra resources.
Also, the program claims that no dog is too young or too old to start this program. However, from my experience, the course content is more curated mostly towards puppies. So, if you’re considering this training for your grown-up dog, I would say you look elsewhere.
What Are Others Saying About the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection?
According to what I’ve seen online, the reviews are mixed. Some are perfectly alright with the program, while others complain about the price and have stated that they were expecting more lessons for their investment.
Anyways, Let’s take a look at some of the positive and not-so-positive reviews I came through online.
- A Testimonial By Natalie V. Stated that she loved the online learning method, and having the opportunity to rewatch every video and to take the learning process to their own pace has made it an awesome experience. She recommends this program to anyone seeking a fun bonding experience instead of feeling frustrated and defeated.
- Donna H. Says that Michele has been a wonderful trainer as she is thoughtful and precise and will convey all that positivity to the pup when she is training them.
- Amy Finn Commented that the program was overwhelming. The expectation for the training would be a full-time job. Videos featuring dogs that don’t know the skills would be helpful. They have mentioned that it’s quite aggravating to attempt a skill and then be unable to correct it. Filming isn’t always simple or straightforward.
- Debbie Deets Has Reviewed that the program is too expensive for the short time of the membership. Some have stated that they were expecting more lessons for their investment.
Also, most comments and feedback sections of the “How To Train Your Dream Dog” Web Page swarm with questions from clueless pup owners who all starve for answers for their unique questions.
Pros and Cons of the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
Everything has its Pros and Cons and the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection is no exception. Here are some Pros and Cons you can expect from this program if you tend to go with it.
- Unlimited Access. You are free to use the course and the downloadable files as often as you like and for as long as you like. Although you’ll be able to learn the fundamentals of efficient puppy training in 30 days, you may wish to revisit training videos as your puppy matures and you continue to work on crucial skills with them.
- Can Train Your Dog Anywhere, Anytime. The course is accessible on any device anywhere, anytime. All the materials can be downloaded too.
- Community Access For PRO Users. If you purchase the PRO option, the program provides access to a whole community of pup owners who have the same issues as you do to let you know that you are not alone in this battle of training your pup.
- Positive Reinforcement Training. This is one of the best things about this program. Training with reward-based methods is way more effective than any other dog training method available. Not only that, it provides a TON of benefits for both you and your pup.
- Experienced and Certified Trainer. Michele does a great job explaining everything perfectly, and her expertise in dog training is great.
- Lots Of Training. With this program, you’ll have the chance to get rid of many behavioral problems if you follow it correctly.
- Expensive. The biggest Con of this program is its price. $167 for the DIY option and $397 for the PRO option. This makes How To Train Your Dream Dog’s 30 Days To Puppy Perfection one of the most expensive online dog training programs on the market.
- Could Cover More Training. One of the complaints a lot of users have is the lack of content the program provides when the price is taken into consideration.
Cheaper Alternative to the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection
Earlier I mentioned that there’s a cheaper alternative to the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection. Brain Training For Dogs is that program. It’s an almost similar program to Michele’s program but with a much cheaper asking price and a more talented trainer.
Adrienne Faricelli is the trainer and the author of the program. She is a CPDT-KA certified dog trainer with over 10 years of experience. Now that’s an actual certification. Also, the program is completely based on positive reinforcement training, just like 30 Days To Puppy Perfection.
Before I tell you how much it costs, let me list what’s included in the program:
- Over 100 extremely detailed articles cover the behavioral problems you will be facing with your dog.
- Dog Training Secrets. That’ll teach you how to socialize your dog properly, crate training, and bite inhibition training.
- Case Studies. This is kind of a documentary featuring a dog named Sadie. Here Adrienne, the trainer of the program, shares her experience training that dog.
- Ask Adrienne. Here you’ll get the chance to directly question the author if you’re stuck anywhere in the program. Ask any questions related to the program, and you’ll have your answer.
- A Private Forum. You’ll also get access to a private forum with the purchase of Brain Training For Dogs. There’ll be hundreds of like-minded owners like you, and if you’ve got any doubts about the program, you can get the answers here.
Apart from all these, you’ll get to learn how to alleviate behavioral problems like:
- Potty training
- Impulse control
- Excessive barking
- Ignoring your commands
- Dealing with aggression
That’s not it; the program also has a Trick Training guide that you can teach your dog for improved health, balance, flexibility, and concentration. Below is all the trick training you’ll learn:
- Play Dead
- Shake Hands
- Take a Bow
- Cover His Eyes
- Dance Howl
You can also teach obedience to your dog with the Obedience Training 101 guide. There you’ll learn how to teach your dog to:
- Drop It
- Come To You
- Lie Down
- Take or Leave Items
Then there are brain games to make your dog more intelligent, more energetic, and friendly. There’s a lot; all of the games are easy and straightforward, plus they are broken into seven parts to make them more convenient for you to learn.
There’s a lot more than this; I simply can’t list all of them here.
However, this in itself is a lot more than the PRO option, the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection, and it’s no competition compared with the DIY option. Brain Training For Dogs is simply better in every way.
Anyways, how much would you expect to pay for all this?
$100, $200? Forget it!
Brain Training For Dogs with all this plus costs just $47. I just can’t say anything more than this; the ball is in your court. Also, unlike the 30 Days To Puppy Perfection, here you’ll get a full-flat 60-day money-back guarantee.
You’re getting a complete package if you factor in everything I’ve mentioned above. And if you’re new to online dog training programs, you’re not alone since assistance from fellow dog trainers and Adrienne are always there for you.
Considering Brain Training’s price, I would say it’s a steal.
If you’re still not convinced and want to learn more about the program, click here or you can buy the program by clicking the button below…
Over to You
That’s everything I have to say; for me, both the programs were great. They’re both effective and have great teachers. However, if I had to pick one, I’ll go with Brain Training For Dogs. There’s simply no competition.
I don’t need to tell why as I’ve mentioned how good of a program it is above. And why buy something that costs way more and provides less than its cheaper competition?
Anyways, the decision is up to you. Hope you take a good one!
- Positive reinforcement training
- Probably the best online course to train dogs
- 60 Day Money Back Guarantee
- Said to be 100% safe
- Suitable Program for any dog breed
- Get the BEST PRICE until the end of August