Last Updated on September, 2021
Online dog training is gradually becoming the new normal for dog training and there are a lot of reasons for it.
There are so many online dog training courses and choosing the right one for your dog can be time consuming, but Don’t Worry!
We’ve done exactly that…
After going through dozens of Online Dog Training Courses and Programs, I’ve picked my Top 7 through considering customer reviews, pricing, what’s included, and accessibility.
So keep reading further to find the best dog training course for your dog.
Top 7 Best Online Dog Training Courses
1. Brain Training For Dogs by Adrienne Faricelli
This program caught my eyes and took the top spot simply because of its price and what you get for it.
This program simply has everything that can help you make your dog the perfect canine companion, from videos, behavior training, trick training, and EVEN MORE.
Behavior Training Include:
- Excessive Barking
Trick Training Include:
- Cover his Eyes
- Take a Bow
- Play dead
And More(P.S. Check everything here)…
All this from a best-in-class CPDT-KA certified dog trainer “Adrienne Faricelli,” who has more than 10 years of experience in training dogs; not only that, she is also certified by the Italian Association for Dog Trainers and Canine Consultants.
This is an entirely science-based dog training and is force-free, and does not include any Punishments nor Dominance Training.
The program’s philosophy is to work in harmony with your dog and make him intelligent in what he does and understand that an intelligent dog is a better-behaved dog; the training methods will also challenge your dog physically and mentally.
Suppose you think the training methods might be hard to follow, to be honest. In that case, it isn’t; each and every method is explained in a step-by-step process which makes it very easy to understand and execute, even though if you find it difficult, you can get help from trainers like you in the private forum.
In order to complete the course, you have to go through 7 modules which go from Preschool to Einstein.
*However, this is just an introduction to what this program is all about; if you want to know everything about this program, then I suggest you check out this complete in-depth review for this program by clicking here.
Anyways, it costs just $47, and it’s not even a subscription, it’s just a one-time payment, and from there, you’re good to go.
- Positive Reinforcement Training.
- CPDT-KA Certified Trainer.
- Includes a variety of videos.
- 60-day money-back guarantee.
- Less expensive.
- Mammoth load of information.
- Private forum.
- Incredibly easy-to-follow training techniques.
- Suitable for both Puppies and Adult Dogs.
- Videos cannot be downloaded.
- There is no app, only a web.
2. The Online Dog Trainer By Doggy Dan
The Online Dog Trainer is no slouch compared to Brain Training For Dogs and is considered to be one of the most effective dog training programs out there.
The “5 Golden Rules” that this program implements is second to none; these 5 rules help you become the pack leader, which will lead your dog to listen to whatever you say.
Dan Abdelnoor, aka Doggy Dan, is a professional dog trainer and a member of the Association of Pet Dog Trainers. Although he is also a “Qualified Dog listener,” he has completed the psychology course and canine behavior, and the advanced dog aggression course, at the Canine Behaviour Centre in Cumbria, UK.
The crucial factor is that this training program is approved by New Zealand SPCA (Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals), which is a huge endorsement.(1)
You’ll be surprised with the amount of content you get with this program; it includes over 350 videos showing a solution to every possible dog behavior problem, along with training classes for:
- Online Puppy Training
- Dog Problems
- Dog Training
Each of these has different sections of training within them with a variety of videos.
For Example, the Dog problem covers:
- Separation Anxiety.
And MUCH MUCH MORE…
The most exciting part of this program is “Project Moses”; this is a documentation of Dan’s personal dog Moses, here he shares everything he went through while training Moses from 8weeks to 8months old.
Other than that, you get access to the always active community forum where you can get answers if you’re having any problems with training.
*If you want to know everything about the Online Dog Trainer, then make sure to check out this review here.
This program has a 3-Day Trial for just $1; after the trial ends, you’ll have to pay a subscription fee of:
- 1 Month: $37
- 6-Month Membership: $147 ($24.50/month)
- 12-Month Membership: $198 ($16.50/month)
- Solutions for a variety of problems.
- Over 350 videos.
- Endorsed by New Zealand SPCA.
- Especially significant to train aggressive dogs.
- Community Forum.
- Superior Training Methods and Techniques.
- Videos cannot be downloaded.
- A strong internet connection is needed.
- Very few videos are low quality.
3. Brandon McMillan Dog Training Masterclass
Masterclass from the expert dog trainer Brandon Mcmillan is another excellent way to train your dog.
This is a 3-hour Masterclass; here, you’ll learn how to build a rock bottom of trust with your lovely dog, which will strengthen the relationship between you and your dog.
Brandon has years of experience in dog training. He has also won three Emmy Awards for his show “Lucky Dog” and is the founder of Argus Service Dog Foundation. Before he got into dog training, he was an Animal Behaviorist too.(2)
Brandon’s focus is to rehabilitate anti-social dogs.
Throughout this Masterclass, you’ll learn on how to build trust, and from there, you’ll learn how to stop some common dog behavior like:
- Door dashing
And some more…
You’ll also learn some basic and standard commands like:
After the purchase, you’ll also get some PDF workbooks and audio lessons.
If this information isn’t enough for you and you want to know more about this dog training Masterclass, I suggest you check out this full review here.
To purchase this Masterclass, you’ll need to pay a hefty amount of $90, which means you’ll be able to own it forever; otherwise, there is another option where you can pay $180. Annually, this allows you to access the entire catalog of masterclasses that include cooking with Gordon Ramsey to acting with Natalie Portman.
- Supremely Experienced Trainer.
- Great to train adult dogs and puppies.
- 30-day Money Back Guarantee.
- Includes PDFs too.
- Can download the videos to watch offline.
- The teaching style is great.
- Focuses more on basic training.
- A bit on the expensive side.
- There is no additional support. You’re on your own.
4. SIRIUS Dog Training By Dr. Ian Dunbar
Dr. Ian Dunbar developed the SIRIUS Dog Training Course over 30 years ago. This online training course conducts live online classes where you should join via Zoom instead of pre-recorded videos.
Before transitioning to Online, they had in-person dog training classes.
These online dog training classes are hosted by experienced and professional trainers and are based on dog breeds of different age groups.
You’ll be learning:
- Puppy Manners
- Basic Manners
- Puppy Training
- Destructive Behavior
- Leash Training
And all of these are based on progress; you’ll be advancing to the next class as you complete the previous one.
Online Classes start at Pacific Standard Time, and only 6 students can take part in each class, and they fill up pretty quickly, make sure to reserve your class earlier.
The classes start at different price ranges:
- Puppy Kindergarten: For dogs between 8-12 weeks old: $160 for4 Weekly Sessions of 50-minutes (2-6
Students are only allowed).
- Puppy Training I: For dogs 12-18 weeks old:$200 for 5 Sessions that happen weekly of 50-minutes (2-6
- Basic Manners Foundations: For big dogs (18 weeks old and up), $200 for 5 Weekly Sessions of 50-minutes (2-6
- Redirecting Rowdy Behavior (Only available for the ones who completed the above online dog training school completely)
As you can see, the online training classes are not cheap by any means.
- Live Online Video training by professional dog trainers.
- Only 6 students total for each class.
- Based on the dog’s age.
- No Money-Back Guarantee.
- Less content compared to previous online training courses.
5. Zak George’s Dog Training Revolution
He has almost 450+ videos in his channel which I’m pretty sure covers each and every topic about dog training.
He has also appeared on Animal Planet for various shows.
In 2016 Zak published a Dog training book, and it covers almost the same content as his channel but in a book format and in a very detailed way.
The book consists of:
- Choosing the right pup for you
- Potty training
- Leash pulling
- Behavior training
He also covers health care, tips on traveling, and much more, so you are getting a lot if you tend to purchase this book.
Zak uses positive reinforcement training to train dogs and does not involve any force or punishments in his training techniques.
The book is available for $15 on Amazon, which is a reasonable price for the amount of content you get; however, if you’re not willing to spend and looking for free courses, then his absolutely free youtube videos will be worth taking a look at.
- Trusted and reputable trainer.
- Free resources from youtube available anytime.
- Books are cheap.
- Covers almost every aspect of dog training.
- Everything is not in detail.
- No community to ask questions except for the comment section on youtube.
6. Petco Dog Training
Petco, as you might one of the best-known put suppliers.
And also known for their in-store training classes, but recently they started to conduct both private and group classes via Zoom.
There 3 classes currently taking place via Zoom, those are:
- Puppy Basics
- Adult Basics
- Beyond The Basics
Each of these covers different topics; for Example, the Puppy Basics cover potty training while the Adult Basics cover training like getting used to a new environment.
The teachers who’ll train your dog are all AKC certified trainers and use force-free methods.
The classes cost $99 for group classes with four sessions and a maximum of six participants.
Relevant Article: petsmart dog trainers
- Experienced and Certified teachers.
- Variety of classes and options to choose from.
- Live Video Training.
- Able to receive a refund in the second class if not satisfied.
- Results may vary.
- Every teacher is not experienced.
7. Udemy Dog Training Courses
Udemy is an Online Learning website with a wide of range of courses; there is also a variety of dog training courses like:
- Solutions for Common Dog Behavior Problems
- Treatment of dog aggression
- Obedience training
And a lot more…
You can also learn to become a dog trainer with udemy.
There is a wide range of dog training courses that covers almost half of dog training problems and solutions for it; before buying, you can read the customer’s reviews and feedback to have a better idea about that particular program.
- Wide variety of dog training courses.
- Different languages are also available if you’re into it.
- The app is available to train your dog anywhere.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Cannot assure that the trainers are certified.
- No community.
- Some training courses are obsolete.
Things To Consider Before Buying An Online Dog Training Course
Before you invest in an online dog training course, there are some factors that you should keep in mind:
- Make sure to do a thorough research about that specific problem.
- See what’s included with the program.
- Look at whether the program has the solution to your problem.
- Don’t stick with one program; keep at least two programs on the wish list and compare each other.
- Look at some of the customer testimonials and see what they’re saying about the program.
Make sure to keep these in mind before you invest in a program like this.
Benefits Of An Online Dog Training
There are a few advantages when it comes to training a dog via online:
- Great for owners who have a strict time schedule.
- You get to train your dog whenever you have the time to do so.
- You can start your training basically anywhere, anytime.
- The cost is far less than compared to an in-person dog trainer, who will charge $40 to $120 per hour.
How Long Will It Take To Complete An Online Dog Training Program?
An Online Dog Training will take around 12 weeks, most probably, but it does not end there. To completely turn your pooch into a perfect canine companion, it can take up to 6months of thorough training.
This takes effort on your side, too; you should be consistent. Only then you’ll be able to see differences in your canine behavior.
If you’re on the market for Online Dog Training Courses, there is a wide variety of options to choose from; however, there is only one that can take the throne, and that is Brain Training For Dogs, it simply offers everything for a much cheaper price and the customer testimonials are way better compared to other programs I’ve reviewed here.
Anyways, you know your dog better, and it’s up to you to decide what’s best for him.
Either way, I hope this article was helpful to you, and I hope your decision will be beneficial for both you and your dog.
Until then take care and goodbye.