Last Updated on December, 2023
Water is everywhere!
If you live by a lake or pond or if you happen to train or hunt in the marsh, or if you get caught in the rain often. I could go on with reasons…
Using a waterproof collar is a wise decision because you do not have to worry about damaging the collar or compromising its function when around water.
While correcting and controlling your dog’s behavior, you can let it enjoy the waters. You need to choose a waterproof collar instead of a water-resistant one.
So here’s a list of reviews on the best waterproof shock collars you and your dogs can enjoy around the waters.
Table of Contents
- A List of 9 Best Waterproof Shock Collars
- 1. Pet Resolve Dog Shock Collar (Editor’s Choice)
- 2. Halo 2+ Shock Collar (#2nd Best Choice)
- 3. Educator ET-300 Mini Shock Collar (#3rd Best Choice)
- 4. SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425X Remote Trainer
- 5. Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
- 6. PetSafe Stubborn Dog Shock Collar
- 7. Petspy P620 Dog Training Shock Collar
- 8. DOG CARE Dog Training Collar
- 9. Petrainer Shock Collar for Dogs
- A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Waterproof Shock Collar
- Evaluating the Waterproof Ratings of Shock Collars
- Frequently Asked Questions
A List of 9 Best Waterproof Shock Collars
1. Pet Resolve Dog Shock Collar (Editor’s Choice)
Every so often, there’s some new brand of shock collar that comes into the market, that too with many fancy features and a low price tag.
Waterproofed construction is often one of these features.
But how do you know that it’s reliably waterproofed?
Quality construction matters to ensure the safe use of a shock collar on your dog.
Maybe the first few times these cheap collars will be able to keep water away but overtime the quality may degrade with continuous water exposure that can lead to releasing unnecessary shocks even without you realizing.
Why bear the guilty conscience of hurting your dog unintentionally by choosing a low quality collar when you have the Pet Resolve PTS 1200 that offers 100% waterproof construction?
Pet Resolve is a brand that is tested, trusted and loved by many dog owners. The latest version of this waterproof shock collar is new and improved by incorporating exciting features helpful to all dog parents. I’m not exaggerating when I say it is the one stop solution for all your training needs.
This waterproof training collar offers 3 training stimulations: Loud Beep, Vibration, and Shock. The shock correction can be continuous or momentary at 10 intensity levels. These options allow the trainer to try multiple combinations to find the perfect balance that works for your dog.
You can even remove the shock function of these waterproof shock collars if you want. Switch the metal contact points with the included plastic prongs and Voila! You got yourself a beep and vibrations only system. This flexibility makes this collar much more versatile than it already is.
This waterproof shock collar comes with a remote control that can communicate over a super-long ¾ mile range. This range will allow you to have reliable control over your dog, even during distance training. Also, your dog gets to enjoy the greater outdoors too.
There is a memory function in this shock collar that lets you resume the training session where you left off. Through the anti-bark function to automatically control your dog’s excessive barking without your physical intervention. Plus, you can use the LED light on the night mode to guide you and your dog during night walks or training.
As I already mentioned, this dog training collar is made using the highest quality materials, so the receiver of the collar is 100% waterproof, making it ideal for all water activities, including swimming. You can also accessorize the receiver with extra-long prongs to ensure better skin contact if your aggressive dog is long-furred.
These waterproof shock collars are adjustable to fit all dogs 15 lbs and over, so it is highly likely to fit your dog no matter the breed or size.
To sum it all up: What does any dog owner want from a shock collar? Plenty of beneficial features worth the investment, versatility for different uses and high quality to ensure long term durability right. Am I right? You get ALL this AND MORE through the Pet Resolve PTS 1200.
- Three training modes: LoudBeep, Vibration, And 10 Levels Of Shock Modes for a versatile training session.
- ‘Remove the shock function’ lets you use it with only a beep and vibration.
- The memory function allows you to pick up where you left off.
- Anti-bark mode helps correct unwanted barking behavior.
- Extra long prongs provide better skin contact and prevent the need for fur trimming.
- 100% Waterproof construction, making it ideal for swimming.
- Upgraded by removing standby mode to ensure it is ready whenever you want.
- No questions asked Money Back Guarantee and World Class Customer Service.
2. Halo 2+ Shock Collar (#2nd Best Choice)
The Halo 2+ waterproof shock collar is a next-generation collar system that combines many modern technological aspects to offer an all-in-one solution.
These collars are designed using the best quality materials that are slobber proof and chew resistant to give it an IP67 waterproof rating, meaning it can be submerged in water up to a depth of 1 meter for 30 minutes.
This shock collar system is programmed via the Halo app that allows easy finger tap setup.
The advanced GPS/GNSS built-in tech in the dog collar allows creation of up to twenty wireless fences with the help of the latest geolocation technology.
Following a natural guidance approach through a three-step customizable feedback system, this collar offers 4 training modes.
You can explore between voice, vibration, 15 levels of tone and static prompts to create a program that best suits your dog’s learning style.
This app integrates extremely helpful features like the dog activity tracker and daily activity charts that keeps you up-to-date on what your dog is up to with real-time location monitoring.
Covering a massive range of 6.2 miles, these collars come in three sizes to fit neck size varying from 11” to 30.5”.
- Fence creation utilizing the latest geolocation technology that communicates with over 50+ satellites for high accuracy
- Can create and save up to twenty virtual fences using the advanced GPS/GNSS to allow your dog to freely roam around
- The collar follows a natural guidance approach via the customized three-step program that specifically caters to your dog’s learning speed.
- Whistle function to command your dog back home
- Dog activity tracker keeps you updated on your dog’s whereabouts.
- A daily activity tracker summarizes the various activity levels of your dog, which is useful for keeping track of your dog’s healthy well-being.
- Incredibly durable: made of chew resistant slobber proof materials to survive the dog test
If you want a detailed guide on this device, checkout this Halo Dog Collar Review.
3. Educator ET-300 Mini Shock Collar (#3rd Best Choice)
The Educator ET-300 Mini system features a collar that is waterproof up to 500 feet underwater.
The collar is made of a heavy-duty biothane strap that keeps it durable through heavy use. And it is adjustable to cater to various neck sizes from 6”- 30”.
The collar and transmitter run on lithium polymer batteries that give 40- 60 hours of run time on a 2-hour rapid charging time.
And with the low battery indicators, you can always keep track of the charging needs.
This mini version is small and lightweight. It is gentle for small, sensitive dogs but at the same time powerful enough for large dogs.
Integrated with vibration, tone, and 100 levels of medical-grade static stimulation, you can fine-tune the training process to match your dog’s temperament.
The ‘lock and set’ feature lets you save customized settings into the transmitter. And with the lost transmitter locator function, you can find the transmitter if you misplace it.
- Ergonomically designed in a stopwatch style for convenient fingertip operation
- Training modes include vibration and tone only, plus 100 levels of medical-grade static simulation to curate a training process to suit your dog’s temperament
- Remotely activated LED collar light is useful for a nighttime walk and training
- LED transmitter display shows the current stimulation in use
- The low battery indicator on the collar and transmitter keeps you informed of battery levels
- The ‘lock and set” feature lets you save desired settings
4. SportDOG Brand FieldTrainer 425X Remote Trainer
The SportDog FielfdTrainer is built to be small and lightweight, especially keeping field training and hunting dogs in mind.
For this reason, the remote transmitter interface adopts a simple and easy operation.
This way, the trainer can focus on the dog’s training rather than the equipment’s operation.
This waterproof collar offers vibration, tone and 21 levels of static stimulation to customize the training process based on the dog’s needs.
The range of this collar extends up to 500 yards, and the expandable system allows you to train up to three dogs simultaneously. The collar is adjustable to fit neck sizes varying from 5″- 22.”
The lithium-ion batteries powering the collar and the transmitter require only a 2-hour recharge period for long working hours of 50-70 hours. This collar uses the DryTek® technology to make it waterproof and submersible up to 25 feet.
- Simple and easy operation of the transmitter without having to look at it
- Vibration, tone and 21 levels of static stimulation to customize training based on progress and the dog’s needs
- The system is expandable so you can train up to three dogs at the same time
- Uses DryTek® technology to make it completely waterproof
- Low battery indicator to inform charging requirements
5. Dogtra 1900S Remote Training Collar
The Dogtra 1900s shock collar is fully waterproof, rated at IPX9K, capable of covering a ¾ mile range, and suitable for dogs as small as 35 lbs.
With enhanced contact points, the receiver has a modern and slim design for better ergonomy.
The receiver offers low to high stimulation static outputs ranging from 0-127 levels, featuring the patented rheostat dial.
It will allow you to pick the most suitable stimulation for your dog’s personality. And the integrated LCD screen displays the stimulation control levels.
The receiver delivers nick, constant and high-performance (NCP) pager vibration and non-stimulating high-performance pager correction options. This system’s high-performance lithium polymer batteries require only a rapid 2-hour recharge time.
- Controlled via the patented rheostat dial on the transmitter, you can explore low to high-stimulation static outputs ranging from 0-127 levels
- Nick, constant and high performance (NCP) pager vibration and non-stimulating high-performance pager for additional training mode options
- LCD screen that displays the simulations in use
- Runs on lithium polymer batteries that need a 2-hour recharge time
- Ergonomic design: checkered grips on the transmitter, slim receiver with enhanced contact points
6. PetSafe Stubborn Dog Shock Collar
The PetSafe stubborn dog shock collar has a waterproof receiver and can be controlled via any PetSafe wireless fence transmitter over a range of ¾ acre.
The system can be expanded to cater to unlimited pets, so you can easily train all your dogs by adding more collars.
With tone only and 5 levels of static correction, you can find the best level that works for your pet.
The collar is ergonomically designed to fit dog neck sizes varying from 6″ to 28″, so you can easily adjust it to fit your small, medium or large dog.
Also, you can swap the collar strap with any ¾ inch collar strap of your liking.
You can accessorize the receiver with short or long contact points based on your dog’s fur length. These collars offer 2-3 hours of quick rechargeability lasting up to 3 weeks based on use.
- Compatible with all PetSafe wireless fence transmitters, so you don’t need a separate remote to control the receiver
- Add an unlimited number of pets to expand the system to train all your pets
- Train using tone only and 5 levels of static correction to find what works for your dog
- Ergonomically design: slim, comfortable ¾ inch collar that can fit various neck sizes
- Includes short and long contact points for pets with short and long fur
- Quick rechargeability of 2-3 hours lasting weeks, so you don’t have to recharge often
7. Petspy P620 Dog Training Shock Collar
The PetSpy P620 shock collar has a waterproof receiver making it great for swimming and other water activities.
And the collar is adjustable for all dog breeds weighing 10-120 lbs.
Built on a blind operation design, the transmitter features distinguishable buttons that control a range of up to 650 yards.
For training options, these waterproof collars include a beeper and 16 adjustable levels of vibrations and static shock to tailor the training to your dog’s precise needs.
- Blind operation design for easy and convenient use
- Beeper and 16 adjustable levels of vibrations and static shock to create custom-made training based on your dog’s needs
- The collar is adjustable to fit many small to big dogs
8. DOG CARE Dog Training Collar
The DOG CARE shock collar has a rainproof rating of IP67, so you can train your dog even on a rainy day.
The collar is adjustable to accommodate varying neck sizes of small to big dogs.
This waterproof collar is equipped with beep, vibration and 1-99 levels of static stimulation to allow you to create a suitable training curve based on your dog’s temperament.
The transmitter covers up to a 1000 feet remote range and can be expanded to support training a maximum of 9 dogs.
The security lock feature is integrated toprevent any accidental shocks. The rechargeable and long-lasting nature ensures the transmitter can run up to 45 days and the collar up to 15 days per recharge.
- Beep, vibration and 1-99 levels of static stimulation for comprehensive training
- 1000 feet remote range for flexible indoor and outdoor training
- 9 Channels Maximum Control: The transmitter of this collar can support the training of 9 dogs
- Adjustable collar length to fit 9.8″- 24.8″ dog neck sizes
- Security lock function to prevent misoperation of the remote
- The receiver is rainproof at IP67 to allow your dog to enjoy the rain
- Rechargeable and long-lasting for reliable usability
Here’s our DogCare Dog Training Collar Review if you want to learn more about this device.
9. Petrainer Shock Collar for Dogs
The petrainer shock collar is waterproof and rated at IP67 to ensure your pet can enjoy the water. The transmitter covers a range of 330 yards.
It uses a standard beep, 100 levels of vibration and shock to control the receiver correcting your dog.
The collar is adjustable to fit dog neck sizes from 14″- 25″.
It has a long battery life, and the simultaneous recharging of the transmitter and receiver also adds to the convenience and saves you time.
- Training includes standard beep, 100 levels of vibration and shock to let you find the correct level that works for your dog.
- The collar is adjustable, so it can fit many dog neck sizes.
- Simultaneous rechargeability of the transmitter and receiver helps save time.
A Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Waterproof Shock Collar
Many key features are crucial to consider when choosing the best waterproof shock collar suitable for your dog.
So here’s a handy buyer’s guide that will help you analyze and evaluate the various features to choose a suitable collar that will satisfy your needs while getting your money’s worth.
Waterproof vs Water Resistant
Firstly you need to evaluate your purchase intent to determine if you need a waterproof collar or can settle with a water-resistant one. Yes, there is a difference between these two terms.
So, for example, if you want to train your dog on the beach or want to restrict your dog’s swimming area or if your dog tends to get wet in the rain, often the collar receiver should be 100% waterproof. Meaning it should handle submersion in water for long periods.
Similarly, suppose you only plan to use it around water where splashing is the only water contact for the receiver. In that case, a water-resistant nature will do.
There are models where only the receiver is waterproof. And in some models, both the receiver and the transmitter are waterproof. Having a waterproof transmitter remote is useful if you accidentally leave it out and it rains or gets caught in the rain.
The range determines the ground area that can be controlled by the remote transmitter.
Suppose your intended or regular training grounds are extensive. In that case, a greater range will allow your dog to explore and have fun while you have control over it.
But if you are looking at a smaller training ground and don’t see yourself ever using a large ground, you can settle for a moderate range of around ½ mile.
Also, it is important to note that large buildings, trees or dense forestry falling within the range can affect the range. So it’s always a good idea to go for a larger range.
It goes without saying that having primary modes like tone, vibration and shock is essential. But these modes being adjustable at various levels is even better. Many shock collars allow adjusting all three of these modes.
Every dog is different. Each dog has a trigger point. Some may have low tolerance, so they respond to low levels of stimulation. But some with a high tolerance will need higher stimulation levels.
Exploring various adjustable levels will help you find the exact trigger level that works for your dog.
Quality and Adjustability of Collar
The quality of the collar is important to ensure durability and reliability through dog-level wear and tear.
Waterproof shock collars can be really expensive. So consider the quality of the materials and accessories used in fashioning the collar and the remote.
Usually, skin-friendly materials like soft nylon, leather or biothane are great.
While maintaining comfort, these materials will prevent any skin irritation that can surface due to extended wear.
That said, you should also consider the adjustability of the collar. Some collars come in various sizes, so you can pick your dog’s size. And some collars come in a single size that can be adjustable to fit various dog neck sizes.
Rechargeability and Battery Life
Pick a rechargeable model. Being able to recharge your collar and transmitter is definitely a plus because it avoids the need for battery replacements, which adds an ongoing cost.
Also, it is convenient and eco-friendly as it eliminates the need to dispose of batteries.
On top of that, many waterproof shock collar models also offer quick rechargeability that provides long working hours per charge. This ensures greater usability and dependability.
Apart from key features like the training modes with adjustability levels, having certain bonus features is a plus, although you can do without them.
Many modern shock collars offer additional features like a multi-dog system expansion, security lock, low battery indicator, anti-bark function, night light, and many more.
These features come in handy in various situations.
So if you can afford a collar with additional features such as these, it would be a worthy investment.
Evaluating the Waterproof Ratings of Shock Collars
You must know the limits of your waterproof collars around water. As I said, not all collars are 100% waterproof. The waterproofing abilities of certain models stand at varying levels.
There are many waterproof rating labels. Since various brands and models display various waterproof ratings, the below table summarizes some of the commonly seen ratings offered by waterproof shock collars. (1)
|Waterproof rating||The extent of protection against water|
|IPX9K||Resists high-pressure, high-temperature sprays at close range|
|IP68||Protection against dust and water immersion for 30 minutes to a maximum depth of 1.5 meters|
|IP67||Protection against dust and water immersion for 30 minutes to a maximum depth of 1 meter|
|IPX8||Protection against continuous water submersion deeper than 1 meter|
|IPX7||Protection against immersion for 30 minutes at a depth of up to 1 meter|
|IPX6||Protection against high-pressure water stream from any angle|
|IPX5||Protection against low-pressure water stream from any angle|
|IPX4||Protection against splashing from any angle|
|IPX3||Protection against splashing when tilted at a vertical angle of 60°|
|IPX2||Protection against splashing when tilted at a vertical angle of 15°|
|IPX1||Protection against condensation and dripping water falling vertically|
Frequently Asked Questions
Waterproof shock collars are definitely the way to go if you often encounter water surroundings when training. Plus, your dog should enjoy swimming or simply soaking in the rain.
Whatever the reason, you must evaluate the waterproof extent to ensure it suits your requirements.
If I am to choose a winner, no doubt it’d definitely be the Halo 2+ shock collar offering you all the needed features at a massive range coverage.
Nevertheless, I hope this review article made your choice easier with the help of the buyer’s guide.
Was this article helpful?