Last Updated on September, 2023
A Siberian Husky is an intelligent, friendly, and highly vocal dog who enjoys the company of others, especially since they are pack dogs. But sometimes you cannot spend continuous time with your Husky.
Their highly athletic nature may introduce you to a messed up house if you let your Husky roam around. So as a responsible pet parent you must own a good dog crate to save yourself the unnecessary cleaning and damage replacements.
So here’s a list of suitable crate options for the Husky breed to keep you, your house, and especially your dog safe.
Table of Contents
- Top Best Dog Crates for Huskies: Reviewed
- A Buyers’ Guide to Choose the Best Dog Crate for Husky
- Benefits of Crate Training Your Husky
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top Best Dog Crates for Huskies: Reviewed
1. Impact Collapsible Dog Crate
The Impact Collapsible Dog Crate is the best dog crate you will find in the market. I assure you, No exaggeration there! So let me tell you why…
For starters, the innovative idea behind this dog crate shows the extent of how much Impact has thought of to make a pet parent’s life easier. Who wouldn’t want a crate that can be expanded/folded up in under 60 seconds?
It takes me at least 2-3 minutes to fold a duvet cover neatly, and we are talking about a collapsible dog crate that will keep your dog safe here.
For your information, the setup process does not require any tools. You are good to go with only a few twists and turns to fix it in place.
The whole collapsibility of the crate does not in any way compromise its outstanding quality or durability. The crate is crafted out of strong aluminum sheets to hold even the toughest dogs.
Yet it is lightweight, so you can conveniently take it along on your travels. Airline travel too. The included airline bars (apart from adding strength and holding the crate structure strong) and door guard makes the crate IATA-approved.
All four sides of the crate have ventilation holes to allow optimal air circulation to ensure your dog is happy and safe. Also, these holes give plenty of visibility if your dog enjoys watching around.
For hassle-free use, the crate features a slam latch to easily open and close it with one hand while handling your dog. Plus, a lock and key system are on top of the slam latch for extra protection if your pooch leaves your sight.
The dog crates have extra fixtures on all four corners to enable stackability on top of like sizes, so you save floor space.
Equipped with ergonomic handles, two on top and one on the side, these crates are easily movable. These handles are military grade and are spring loaded, so strength-wise, no questions there.
That sums up everything that any dog owner would want from a crate. So, you tell me, isn’t it the best dog crate for your Husky or what?
Also, you get to choose from 6 impressive colors and 5 sizes. The 40″ or 48″ length will suit large dogs like Huskies.
- Easy setup in under 60 seconds– It takes less than a minute to expand or fold it and doesn’t require any tools.
- Airline rails- The airline rails act as added structural support by improving stability so that the crate does collapse. Using these rails ensures the crate is IATA-approved.
- Single-handed stainless steel slam latch operation- This allows easy automatic lock closure that is handy for still crate training puppies and dogs.
- Lightweight and Durable- The use of thin yet strong aluminum to ensure portability, strength, and durability.
- Military-grade ergonomic handles- The top and side handles are spring-loaded and convenient for moving the crate around when it is open.
- Stackable corners- To ensure easy stackability and storage on top of similar sizes saving floor space.
- Well-ventilated- The rounded-diamond-shaped air holes provide optimal airflow to ensure your dog is safe and comfortable inside.
- Lock and Key- This crate has a lock and key system on top of the slam latch for additional protection. This is a great feature to ensure your dog’s safety while traveling.
- Easy carrying handle when in folded form- The handle is strategically positioned to comfortably move the crate around, making it ideal for road trips or anything traveling scenario
Get to know more about this Impact collapsible dog crate in this review.
2. Rock Creek Crates Aluminum Dog Crate
The Rock Creek aluminum dog crates are shipped fully assembled with impressive features.
It has an internal welded tube frame built out of aircraft-grade aluminum. So the structure stays strong despite any damage or force applied from the outside.
Even with a strong reinforced structure, the crate is still. These crates are crash tested to ensure durability. Oh! They are airline approved too.
The crate door features a solid aluminum bar design with a lockable paddle latch.
Also, the door has two additional butterfly latches on the top and bottom for added protection. In conjunction with the ventilation system, all these features ensure good visibility and plenty of airflow while maintaining a strong lock system.
These dog crates for huskies are available in 4 sizes and 6 interesting colors. Ideally, the XL or the XXL size crate will comfortably fit your Siberian Husky.
With the added stackable corners and easy carry handles, the logistics of the crate can be effortlessly sorted.
- Internal welded aluminum frame- To provide extra strength to the structure to resist drops and damages while maintaining a protective internal space.
- Optimal hexagonal ventilation and better door design– Increase ventilation, visibility, and airflow to keep your dog safe.
- Lockable door latch plus 2 additional butterfly latches– This ensures a safe, durable, and reliable locking system, so you don’t have to worry about your dog trying to escape.
- Stackable corner guards- Allows stackability on like sizes to save storage space.
- Easy carry handles– Facilitates easy portability without having to push it around.
3. Gunner G1 Kennel
The Gunner G1 Kennels come in 4 sizes and 5 color options. The large size will be a good fit for your Husky.
The kennel is built around a powerful frame system to ensure a sturdy structure that can withstand pressure without harming the dog in the slightest possible way.
These G1 Gunner Kennels are the first to have a double-walled rotomolded to provide twice the impact protection.
The double wall design also keeps the kennel 12% cooler than aluminum dog kennels. So a cooler kennel also means slower heating when exposed to higher temperatures.
This, in turn, results in your dog having to release 20% less energy to stay cool. That’s a lot of benefits achieved with just one feature.
The G1 kennel has a reversible door so that you can open it from either side. It has a paddle latch that features a keyhole lock for added protection.
Considering tiny requirements, the G1 Kennels are equipped with many additional features to provide maximum functionality regardless of the use scenario.
- The double-walled rotomolded- Provides double the protection from impacts and external forces, keeps the kennel cooler, and prevents your dog from unnecessarily releasing energy.
- Powerful frame system– To maintain a sturdy standing structure despite external negative forces so your dog stays safe inside.
- Reversible door– Adds to the kennel’s convenience and ease of use.
- Paddle latch, keyhole lock, and safety backup latches– Ensures a complex locking system to prevent your dog from escaping.
- Elements repelling window- Limits snow, rain, or sleet penetration to keep your dog safe.
- Super strong carry handles– The Kayak grade handles allow easy grasp and help to move it around
- Drainage system– The removable drain plug makes cleaning easy to keep the crate dry for your dog.
- Built-in tie-down pins– To keep the kennel in place, especially while traveling
- Wider base– To provide better stability by preventing rollovers.
- Non-slip feet- The raised rubber feet keep the crate off the ground protecting it from heat transmissions, conduction, or any spillages.
- Stainless steel hardware– To ensure use lasts a lifetime.
Leran more about Gunner G1 in this review.
4. Fable Pets Crate
The Fable Pets crate is a stylish dog crate that looks like furniture. Easily passable as a side table. The crate is more like a dog bed that looks like a den.
This dog crate for Huskies are handcrafted, come in 4 sizes, and the Large size will perfectly fit a Husky.
Made using bentwood, these crates have a sleek look featuring ventilation holes to allow good air supply to the interior.
You can either choose a metal or a sliding door, and this door can be slid inwards to hide it away.
The fact that it resembles the design of a typical den makes it helpful for your dog to feel safe and relaxed.
- Sliding gate- You can open it and discreetly store it away inside or close it when required. This adds to the ease of use and sleek look.
- Ventilation holes- To allow plenty of fresh airflows to keep your dog comfortable
- Fits in with home decor- So you don’t have to worry about the crate being ugly or unattractive.
- Handcrafted- Uses bentwood with acrylic or metal doors to give an exclusive look.
- Resembles the design of a den– To make your dog feel safe by reducing its anxiety
if you want to learn more about this dog crate, click here.
5. Lucky Dog® Dwell™ Series Crate
The lucky dog dwell crate resembles a typical wire but features an intelligent design.
It features a smooth rail system for the sliding door and door, making more space available than the usual front side door. The doors are equipped with super secure latches to ensure strong security.
Oh, the most important part: it folds down flat so you can conveniently use the handles to move and store it until needed again.
To ensure durable long-term use, these crates feature a smooth rust-resistant e-coating so you can reliably use them wherever you want.
And with the patented stabilized corners adds to durability by preventing chances of collapses through stabilization.
These Lucky Dog crates come in 5 different sizes, and the large size will house a full-sized husky just fine.
- Functional ease– You can easily fold the crate flat, and the removable leakproof pan makes it easier to keep the crate clean.
- Durable– The rust-resistant e- coating ensures durability so that you can use it for a long time.
- Security- Secure lock system provides you peace of mind knowing that your dog is safe inside
- Patented corner stabilizers– These easy snap corner stabilizers provide additional strength to prevent collapse damage to the frame
- Convenience– Ergonomic handles to move it around with ease
- Quiet and easy– The double-panel sliding doors and rails are easy to open and close without unnecessary creaking.
- Smooth, intelligent design– The smooth rail design has a sleek look, and the intelligent design optimizes the space to allow easy access to the door.
6. Precision Pet Provalu 1 Door Wire Crate
The Precision pet-provalu crate is a standard crate with a traditional wire design.
What’s interesting about this model is that it can be folded flat to store it away.
It comes in 4 different sizes.
This husky cage features a 5-point locking system to prevent your dog from escaping and demotivate further escape attempts.
And the rust-resistant electro-coat finish will ensure the crate is good to use for years.
- 5-point locking system– Provides maximum safety and strength to prevent your dog from escaping
- Rust-resistant electro-coat finish– To extend lifetime through indoor and outdoor use
- Divider panel– Allows you to adjust the crate size as your pet grows bigger
- Durable and removable polypropylene plastic tray– So you can easily clean the crate without any hassle
A Buyers’ Guide to Choose the Best Dog Crate for Husky
To choose the best crate for your dog, you must compare and contrast the various features offered by the many crate options available in the crate market to ensure you get the most suitable version for your Husky.
Choose the Correct Crate Model Based on How and Where You Intend to Use it
Choosing the correct crate model is important to ensure it suits your lifestyle and your dog’s nature. The different models of canine crates to handle different dog temperaments include high anxiety, stationary, and collapsible crates.
You need to determine if you will use it daily as a dog bed/ den or for vet visits or long-distance travels. This will help you determine where the crate will spend most of the time.
You can pick the most suitable model based on the factors surrounding an in-house or traveling scenario. The Impact collapsible crate is a good option if you travel often.
Also, evaluate your dog’s temperament and anxiety levels before choosing a particular model to ensure it can withstand strong and durable use while ensuring it is escape-proof.
Consider the Types of Dog Crates Against Your Husky’s Nature
You have to choose different crate types for different dog temperaments based on the model you pick. Some of the crate types include;
- Metal wire crates
- Plastic/Portable crates
- Wooden/fashion/furniture crates
- Soft-sided crates
- Heavy-duty canine crates
Heavy-duty crates or metal dog crates is recommended to use for high energy dogs like Siberian Huskies. Destructive Huskies can be crate chewers. But if your dog has previous crate training you can use a plastic crate or a soft sided crate.
Size of the Crate
To figure out a comfortable crate size for your Siberian Husky, measure your dog from the nose to the tip of its tail. A good dog’s crate should allow your Husky to comfortably stand up and turn around without hitting the roof or the side walls.
Based on standard Husky size, ideally, a 48″ dog crate for males and a 40″ dog crate for females will ensure perfect comfort for your dog. Impact collapsible crates offer both these sizes in multiple color options.
Looking into the key features listed below will ensure overall convenience and peace of mind while keeping your Husky safely tucked away.
The dog crate you pick should be well-ventilated to allow maximum air circulation. This will provide a healthy air supply for oxygen and prevent any odor buildup within the cage.
No matter the model you choose, the crate should have a solid structure that will hold up for many years. Ideally, it should be crafted out of high-quality materials to ensure a solid and sturdy structure.
Also, the finishing details and construction, from riveting to the paint coat of the crate, should last through rough use despite being exposed to various weather conditions.
Equally important is visibility, both from inside and outside. Most of the time, ventilation holes and the door design provide enough visibility.
Ease of Use
A dog crate that is easy to assemble/disassemble, move around, store away, and clean is an ideal option for any pet owner. This will add to the convenience and make life easier for you to care for your furry companion.
Benefits of Crate Training Your Husky
Some of the benefits of crate training your husky are;
- Provides a safe space for your dog- Dogs instinctively prefer a den-like resting place. A crate arranged like a den will help your dog feel safe and comfortable to relax privately.
- Helps with housebreaking– If the crate is rightly sized, your dog will learn to control its bladder and bowel movements to prevent soiling in its safe space.
- Helps with behavior modification– As the dog starts to understand that the crate is its safe space, it helps the dog become more calm, patient and peaceful.
- Ensures safe travels– A durable and sturdy crate will ensure your dog is safely transported on road trips or air travels.meta
Frequently Asked Questions
Dog crates are a safe and convenient option to keep your Huskies safe and sound. And so, choosing the correct crate is essential to ensure your dog enjoys its crate without feeling punished.
For that, I recommend choosing the Impact collapsible crate as the best overall dog crate. It is one of the best crates you’ll find out there.
From being collapsible down to just 8 inches to airline compatibility to all the other ease of function features, Impact has thoroughly thought of all the requirements to execute and bring life to a masterpiece like the Collapsible dog crate.
I hope all the answers to your questions were answered through this review to help you choose the best crate for your Husky.
Was this article helpful?