Last Updated on September, 2023
Why can’t you have an end table which is also a dog crate? Two for the price of one.
If you’re looking for one, you’re in the right place, my friend.
So, when I realized this market gap, I wanted to help our readers get the absolute best options. But wait a second, why trust me?
Table of Contents
- Why Trust Me?
- 7 Best Dog Crate End Tables to Own
- Buying Guide: Best Dog Crate End Tables
- Types of Dog Crate End Tables
- How to Train Your Dog to Use Dog Crate End Tables?
- Maintaining Your Dog Crate End Table
- Benefits of Buying a Dog Crate End Table
- In Conclusion
Why Trust Me?
I chose about 15 dog crate end tables, bought them, and tested them with my team at iPetGuides. This is our standard procedure for crates.
After carrying out the tests and evaluations, I trimmed the list down to the top 7.
So, let’s get started.
7 Best Dog Crate End Tables to Own
1. Richell Wooden End Table Crate
The best end table dog crate is the Richel wooden end table; its features justify the crate’s superiority.
For starters, the crate is available in three sizes. The smallest size is 24 x 18.1 x 20.9″, and the largest is 41.5 x 29.9 x 29.5″.
So, it’s a pretty spacious crate.
But its design quality makes the Richell crate blend the best with home decor. It has a single door with vertical wooden bars, and it opens fully, giving unhindered access to your dog.
Since it’s a crate end table, the crate’s top is fully flat, and you can keep anything easily.
Thanks to the high-quality wood and stain-resistant finish, durability is not questioned. The cherry on top is the removable sliding tray that makes cleaning easier.
Rest assured; this stylish end table dog crate is the best in the market.
2. UniPaws Wooden End Table Dog Crate
UniPaws wooden end table crate might fancy you if not for my best recommendation.
This wooden crate comes in one large size with dimensions 41″ L X 28.5″ W X 31″ H. That space factor is complemented by its unique shape.
You’ll notice the texture is lighter than the Richell crate too.
The UniPaws crate features a dual-door design. Both are lockable and placed on two adjacent sides.
These doors have metal bars, and the crate prioritizes ventilation by design. So, regardless of where you keep it, your dog will be comfortable enough.
I noticed how this crat has a wide top design that provides more space for personal items such as magazines, glasses, etc.
The cherry on top is how UniPaws provides you with a removal & comfortable mattress bed. But the fact that it comes with only one size is a problem.
Nonetheless, the UniPaws crate is the best alternative I can recommend.
3. Zoovilla Slide Aside Crate
Zoovilla Slide Aside end table crate is another excellent alternative.
Similar to the UniPaws crate, this too comes in one large size with dimensions 35.43 “L X 21.65” W X 23.5 “H.
While there’s enough space, you should double-check dimensional compatibility with the crate’s planned location.
One unique feature is how the crate door can either hinge or slide into the side to become ‘invisible.’ In other words, it’s a great space saver.
Zoovilla boasts a solid bottom and top as a dog crate end table. You can peacefully keep anything on top of the dog inside.
The all-black design with silver-colored locks makes this crate quite an eye-catcher. The painted MDF and metal cage construction is the true reason for that.
Since hardware and instructions are included, assembling it is easier.
In conclusion, the Zoovilla Slide Aside crate is a reliable option.
4. FEANDREA Dog Crate
At first glance, the Feandrea end table crate looks like an antique — its unique appearance.
You can get this crate in four sizes. The smallest size comes with dimensions 27.2″ x 20.1″ x 23.6″, and the largest is 44.1″ x 29.5″ x 32.3″.
The raised-from-ground design is noticeable, and there’s a reason.
This is to use the removable tray either above or under the mesh depending on your need.
I also love the sturdy and chew-resistant wire design made with particleboard and steel.
This structure’s value increases thanks to the dual-door design. They’re placed on adjacent sides to help you optimize end-table placement.
Fenadrea end table dog crate comes in two attractive colors; greige and rustic brown. But It’s a matter of question if the crate can successfully hold large dogs since the wire bars are thin.
All things considered, it’s a great alternative that suits any house.
5. Petsfit Indoor Dog House
Petsfit crate is an indoor dog house that could be used as an end table.
With a unique design, this crate comes in only one size with dimensions 31.5”L×21.5”W×21”H.
In other words, it’s spacious enough for most dogs and even cats up to 22 lbs.
The build quality of this dog house is admirable, thanks to the solid Fir wood. The design itself resembles cottage furniture, bringing a new vibe to your home.
The elevated floor brings an extra layer of comfort for your furry friend, and it further increases thanks to the covered house design.
But compared to the first few dog crate end tables, the ventilation of the Petsfit crate is a bit lower by design.
The company is adamant about the ease of assembling because of the pre-drilled holes. After all, they make it easier to move the crate too.
Coming in one color, I’d say it’s another great alternative for the best end table dog crate.
6. Casual Home Wooden Pet Crate
If you’ve still been unable to settle for a great end table crate, you might like the Casual Home wooden pet crate.
This crate is designed keeping the space factor in mind, as it comes in six sizes. The smallest is 20 “W x 27.5 “D x 24 “H, and the largest is 23.5 “W x 36.5 “D x 29 “H.
With the size options, you also get five color options too.
This end table is made from premium Thailand wood, bringing a unique build quality.
As an end table crate, it’s essential to balance the usability as a crate and an end table, and that requirement is well-satisfied thanks to the standard shape.
This lightweight crate has one door that swings open with a dependable lock. But Casual Home is honest about the fact that their crate is not chew-proof.
With a design that enables ample airflow, Casual Home Pet has features any dog parent would look for.
7. ECOFLEX Dog Crate
My last resort of recommendation is the New Age Ecoflex dog crate.
This end table dog crate comes in five sizes, whose smallest is 20.9 “L x 15” W x 17.9 “H, and the largest is 35.4 “L x 24 “W x 28 “H.
Similar to the last crate, you can also have this crate in five colors. It gives you the upper hand to personalize according to your house’s interior.
New Age explores a new arena of material as this is made from Ecoflex.
That’s why it won’t warp, crack, or split like conventional plastic crates.
The spindles are made from stainless steel tubing, and so is the latch, bringing an extra layer of security.
You’d be pleased to hear that assembly requires no tools at all.
Even as a last resort, New Age’s Ecoflex end table dog crate does a phenomenal job.
Buying Guide: Best Dog Crate End Tables
Sure, you should buy them from the official website (if not Amazon), go through customer reviews, and do a price check. But that’s generalized.
Here are the five most important factors to check for a buying guide.
Get the Dimensions Right
Remember to choose a dog crate end table that fits both your home and your dog too. My advice is to repeat the measurements a couple of times to get an average.
You should also remember that you should add a few inches to the dog’s dimensions when considering the crate size.
Check the Crate Quality and Ease of Use
Makes sure that the crate is sturdy, stable, and resistant to damage; strong hardware such as hinges and latches are good signs. Additionally, it’s best to choose crates with easily openable doors and removable trays.
Ensure Good Ventilation and Visibility
Ensure the crate end table provides adequate ventilation for your dog’s comfort. Look for designs with slats or mesh panels that allow airflow while still providing enough visibility for your dog to feel connected to their surroundings.
Give Priority to Security and Safety
A dependable door with a strong lock is more than enough, sometimes. But a crate with rounded edges to prevent injuries and a secure floor to prevent tipping goes the longest way.
Pick a Stylish Product
This crate is supposed to be a part of your home’s furniture. It’s always better to choose an attractive piece of furniture that gets the job done while increasing the house’s overall appeal.
Related article: Best dog crate reviews
Types of Dog Crate End Tables
There are a couple of types, and let’s see what they are.
- Wooden crate end tables: these are the most common ones, typically made from hardwood or MDF (medium-density fiberboard) that blends well with traditional home decor.
- Metal crate end tables: iron or steel are typically used to make these dog crate end tables, and they offer great durability while blending better in modern and contemporary design home decor.
- Wicker/Rattan crate end tables: these crates provide a natural and airy look, suitable for homes with a beachy or bohemian aesthetic, and they’re pretty lightweight too.
- Fabric or upholstered crate end tables: The signature design is a wooden or metallic frame with the crate itself covered with fabric or upholstery. These have a softer and cozier feel, but the durability is not as much.
- Custom or DIY end crates: some pet owners go the extra mile for personalization, and it’s available for you if you are willing to pay extra to control size, materials, and even the design.
How to Train Your Dog to Use Dog Crate End Tables?
It’s easier than you think! Let me guide you through all the steps.
- Step 1: Introduce the crate end table by keeping it open after showing it to them, and let your dog explore it at their own pace.
- Step 2: Make the crate more inviting with comfortable bedding or mat; something they already use would be the best.
- Step 3: Use treats and toys to lure them into the crate, and do other things that create positive associations with the end table.
- Step 4: Teach a cue word or phrase for them to enter the table.
- Step 5: Gradually close the door for short periods and reward your dog for staying calm.
- Step 6: Increase the time with the door closed and provide toys or treats for engagement; remember to continue praising them for remaining calm.
And eventually, your dog will love being at the crate end table.
Maintaining Your Dog Crate End Table
Maintaining your dog’s crate ultimately helps you save a lot in vet bills and crate replacement/repair costs. Here’s how to do it.
- Clean regularly: wipe down surfaces with a damp cloth and use pet-safe cleaning products always.
- Control odors: use pet-friendly odor eliminators and wash or replace bedding regularly.
- Prevent damage: provide chew toys, inspect for wear, and use deterrent sprays if needed.
- Check for loose components: tighten or replace loose screws, hinges, or parts.
- Address stains promptly: use pet-friendly stain removers and clean spills quickly to prevent setting.
Benefits of Buying a Dog Crate End Table
There are so many situation-specific benefits, but let me take you through the best eight benefits.
- It saves space by serving as a functional end table while also providing a designated space for your dog.
- These crates allow you to conveniently keep your dog’s sleeping area nearby, providing a sense of security to you.
- You can save money as you will get both a dog crate and a table for the price of one.
- Crate end tables come in various designs to seamlessly blend with your home decor.
- The versatility of crate tables makes them usable in different rooms blending better.
- Cleaning is easier thanks to the removable trays (of those which have that.)
- Training dogs for crate end tables are easier as they are less intimidating.
- You have a better chance of bonding better with your dog as they’re close by.
With that covered, let’s see my rating for the top 3 picks.
You need a dog crate one way or the other for better dog domestication. In doing so, buying a crate end table is a cost-effective (and heavily underrated) choice. After all, they get the job done with a fantastic appearance.
In my critical evaluation, it’s pretty obvious how the Richell wooden end table crate wins with a massive margin. The reason is none other than its superior features.
I hope this review was helpful and it helped you make the right choice for your furry friend.
Was this article helpful?